There's an error in the solution for tutorial quize!!

: 131.151 Calculus 1 for Engineers: There's an error in the solution for tutorial quize!!
   By Anonymous on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 06:32 pm: Edit Post

The solution for the third question's first section is wrong, the procedure is right, but the final answer is right. f(-x)=-f(x) is an odd function.Thx for ur time, and i like ur lecture.

By Sasho on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 07:26 pm: Edit Post

Apparently you did not notice the note following the link to the posted soltions: the solutions provided there are only for the tests for B02, B03 and B04; the other section (apparently, your own) has similar (but not identical) problems. No error; only different questions.

(Thanks.)

By Anonymous on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 08:04 pm: Edit Post

Actually, i have checked that and double checked the solution one more time. But f(-x)=-x* abs(x)/(1+x^2)=-f(x); in this case, the function is odd not even. Thx for ur time and prompt response.

By Sasho on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 08:43 pm: Edit Post

I see; I thought you were referring to 3(c); apparently you were talking about 3(a). You are right. I forgot to type the minus sign. Corrected. Thanks for noticing.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.